背景:Jackson Wu是北京诺森企业的市场部经理,此公司专门生产时髦太阳镜。鉴于现在国内市场的进步前景,他做了一个行销企划。今天,他要向部门全体成员做一个简报,描述市场近况与将来进步前景。
Good morning everyone and thanks for coming. For those of you who dont know me, my name is Jackson Wu, and Im the Marketing1 Manager in Beijing for Notson Limited. Im here today to present our new marketing plan, which is designed to introduce our products to the wealthy Chinese market. Our research shows that there are big profits waiting to be tapped here in China, so were excited at the opportunities we see for Notson. I hope that some of our excitement and enthusiasm2 will rub3 off on all of you.
各位早上好,感谢各位今天的莅临,我是Jackson,诺森公司北京区域的市场部经理。今天在这里向各位说明本企业的行销企划,是针对本公司怎么样将商品打入富裕的国内市场所拟定的。据调查,国内市场存在丰厚的价值潜力,对此绝佳的机会,大家感到十分开心,同时也期望能把这种激动的心情传达给在座各位。
Id like to start off by outlining a few facts and figures about the consumer market in China. Then, Ill go over the standard types of advertising4 that have been successful for similar products in China in the past, including some recent campaigns that you may have seen. After that, Ill introduce our analysis of the current opportunities that exist in the Chinese market as we see them. Finally, Ill finish by explaining how we will go about entering the Chinese market, based on conclusions from our research. A booklet on the marketing plan will be handed out after the presentation, and it will give you all the details that well be discussing here today.
There will be time at the end of the presentation for questions and a general discussion5, so please leave asking your questions until then. Ok, as were all running to a tight schedule, Id like to get to the first point, the current state of Chinas consumer market.
我第一会汇报一些中国消费市场的实质状况与数据;然后,再说明过去比较成功的典型广告案例,包含近来大伙都了解的一些例子。接着,我会给大伙剖析现在国内市场潜在的机会。最后,通过市场调查得出的结论,我将向大伙说明怎么样打入国内市场的问题。简报之后,我将发给各位一本关于这份行销计划的报告书,里面写得很详细。简报结束后,是大伙自由发问和讨论的时间。因此,若你们有任何问题,请介时提出。我了解大伙都非常忙,我想立刻开始介绍今天简报的第一项主题:中国消费市场的现况。
2、实用英语口语短语
① marketing plan 行销计划
A: John, tomorrow can you give me this months marketing plan?
A:约翰,明天可以把本月行销计划给我吗?
B: Sure.
B:可以。
② facts and figures 实质状况与数据
A: Mary, I need the facts and figures for sales in North China. But whats this?
A:玛丽,我需要的是华北区域的实质销售状况和数据。但你给我的是什么?
B: I am awfully6 sorry this. Ill change it at once.
B:深表歉意,我立刻去修改。
③ standard type 典型;标准种类
A: Sir, this is the standard type of air-conditioner. Which one do you prefer?
A:先生,这款正是标准种类的空调。你喜欢哪一种?
B: I still need to think it over.
B:我还需要考虑考虑。
④ tight schedule 非常忙;没空余时间
A: I know everybody has a tight schedule, anyway, we have to spend time discussing this serious problem.
A:我了解大伙都非常忙,但,大家需要抽出时间来讨论这个紧急的问题。
A: All right. Lets begin.
B:既然这样,咱们就开始吧。
⑤ current state of现在的状况
A: The current state of the economy is good.
A:现在的经济形势是挺好的。
B: Yes, I think so.
B:是的,我也这么觉得.