How about going to the dining hall?
咱们去饭店吃吧?
Shall we go to the canteen?
大家去饭店吃吧?
A: How about going to the dining hall?
咱们去饭店吃吧?
B: You go first. I don't feel hungry.
你先去吧,我不饿。

Let's go to the No.5 dining hall!
咱们去第五饭店吧!
A: Let's go to the No.5 dining hall! The dishes there are better.
咱们去第五饭店吧!那里的饭菜好一些。
B:Ok,let's have a change.
好,咱们换个地方。

Wait a minute. I'll fetch my lunch box.
稍等,我取一下饭盒。
A: Wait a minute. I'll fetch my lunch box.
稍等,我取一下饭盒。
B:Hurry up.
你快点。

We won't go to the dining hall today.
大家今天别去饭店了。
A: We won't go to the dining hall today. How about a small restaurant?
大家今天别去饭店了。去个小饭店如何祥?
B:That's great.
太好了。

Let's go to the Muslims' canteen.
大家去清真饭店吧!
A: Let's go to the Muslims' canteen.
大家去清真饭店吧!
B: I heard the beef noodles there are delicious.
我听说那里的牛肉面特美味。
Muslims n. 穆斯林

David, we've missed the lunch hour.
大卫,大家没赶上午餐时间。
A: David, we've missed the lunch hour. Where are you going to have lunch?
大卫,大家没赶上午餐时间。你到哪里吃饭呢?
B: I have no idea. Maybe instant noodles again.
不了解。可能又要吃便捷面了。

How about having dinner with me?
和我一块吃晚饭,怎么样?
A: How about having dinner with me?
和我一块吃晚饭,怎么样?
B: But I don't have cash with me today.
可是我今天没带现金。

I wonder what we shall have for lunch.
不知今天午饭吃些什么?
A: I wonder what we shall have for lunch.
不知今天午饭吃些什么?
B: Kung Pao chicken.
我想吃宫爆鸡丁。

I'm almost caught short at the end of the month.
月底时,我一直顾此失彼。
A: Why not eat out together?
为何不一块出去吃饭呢?
B: I have to tighten my belt, because I'm almost caught short at the end of the month.
我得勒紧裤腰带了。由于月底时,我一直顾此失彼。
tighten one's belt勒紧某人的裤腰带,是英语习语,表示节俭度日。

For the sake of brothers, I'll invite you to a dinner today.
看在兄弟的份上,我就请你出去吃一顿。
A: I don't have any cash today and can't dine out.
今天我身上一分钱都没,不可以出去吃了。
B: Well, for the sake of brothers, I'll invite you to a dinner today.
好吧,看在兄弟的份上,我就请你出去吃一顿。
for the sake of看在的份上,为了

The beer is quite good indeed.
这啤酒味道确实很好。
The cakes are excellent.
这点心很好。
The beef is tasty.
牛肉的味道很好。
The fried chicken is delicious.
炸鸡的味道非常不错。
The meat is still pink.
这肉还没有熟。

The chicken is undercooked.
这鸡没熟。
A:The meat is still pink.
这肉还没有熟。
B: I'm sorry. I'll change it.
非常抱歉,我绘恣换一盘。
pink a. 粉红色的

These vegetables are hardly cooked at all.
这类蔬菜跟没煮过似的。
The vegetables are mushy.
这蔬菜都煮烂了。
A: You've hardly eaten anything.
你几乎没吃那些。
B: These vegetables are hardly cooked at all.
这类蔬菜跟没煮过似的。
mushy a. 糊状的,软的

The meat is too fatty.
这肉太肥了。
The meat is too tough.
这肉太老了。
The meat is not fresh.
这肉不新鲜。
A:The meat is too fatty.
这肉太肥了。
B:I don't think so.
我倒不感觉。

Why do you have so many meat dishes?
你为何吃这么多荤菜?
A:Why do you have so many meat dishes?
你为何吃这么多荤菜?
B: I have a better appetite after doing physical exercises.
体育训练后,我的胃口大开了。

The food in the dinning hall is the most terrible food I have ever eaten.
饭店里的饭菜是我所吃过最糟糕的。
A: Who will go to the dinning hall with me?
哪个和我去饭店吃饭?
B: I have no interest. The food in the dinning hall is the most terrible food I have ever eaten.
我不感兴趣。饭店里的饭菜是我所吃过最糟糕的。

How can the cooks in the dinning hall make the food so unbearable?
饭店里的师傅们如何能把饭菜烧到叫人不可以忍受的地步呢?
A: How can the cooks in the dinning hall make the food so unbearable?
饭店里的师傅们如何能把饭菜烧到叫人不可以忍受的地步呢?
B: Because the school managers never go there and have a dinner.
由于学校领导从来不去饭店吃饭。
cook n. 厨师
unbearable a. 没办法忍受的

Let's go to the cafeteria. The dishes here are so poor.
大家还是去吃自助餐吧!这里的菜实在太差。
A: Let's go to the cafeteria. The dishes here are so poor.
大家还是去吃自助餐吧!这里的菜实在太差。
B:Great idea!
好主意!
cafeteria n.自助餐厅

I'll have one salad and an iced tea.
我想来份色拉和一份冰茶。
A: What can I do for you?
你要素什么?
B: I'll have one salad and an iced tea.
我想来份色拉和一份冰茶。

It'll be a pity if we have delicious meal without beers.
有佳肴无美酒,岂非生活一大憾事。
A: Why not sit down and have a dinner with me? I can't eat all the dishes.
坐下一块儿吃顿饭吧。我自己吃不完这么多菜。
B: Thanks. I think I should go and get some beers. It'll be a pity if we have delicious meal without beers.
太感谢你了。我想我应该去买点啤酒,有佳肴无美酒,岂非生活一大憾事。
pity n.憾事

I feel quite satisfied after my big meal.
这顿饭我感觉很好,吃得非常饱。
A: I feel quite satisfied after my big meal.
这顿饭我感觉很好,吃得非常饱。
B: Thank you.
谢谢。

How can you claim my body is too large?
你如何能说我太胖了呢?
A: How can you claim my body is too large? It's in the normal size.
你如何能说我太胖了呢?我的身材非常正常嘛,
B: Ok, I admit I'm wrong.
好吧,我承认我错了。
in the normal size正常的尺寸

Time goes by so quickly.
时间过得真快呀。
A: Do you still remember the party we held last Christmas?
你还记得去年圣诞大家的派对吗?
B: Sure. Time goes by so quickly.
当然记得。时间过得真快呀。
go by流逝,(从旁)走过