罗伯茨一家最后看中了鲁宾逊花园的房屋。他们决定把它租下来。但他们感觉租金太高了,还想把墙纸换一换。于是罗伯茨一家通过代理和业主进行了协商。

A--Agent Mr. Chen 物业代理陈先生
B--Client 1 Mr. Roberts 顾客一 罗伯茨先生
C--Client 2 Mrs. Roberts 顾客二 罗伯茨太太

A: Mr. Roberts, I am so glad that your family likes the unit so much.
罗伯茨先生,我非常高兴你的家人喜欢这房屋。

B: Mr. Chen, we have seen many apartments, and finally agreed to rent the Robinson Garden flat.
陈先生,大家已经看过不少公寓了,最后大家赞同租鲁宾逊花园的房屋。

C: The appliances1 and furniture suit our taste. Also, the rooms are big enough for our kids. However, could you help us to negotiate2 a better rent with the landlord3?
用具和室内家具非常符合大家的品味。而且,对我的孩子来讲,房屋也够大。但,你可以帮大家和业主商量一个适当的租金吗?

A: How much is it?
你觉得多少呢?

B: I would like to reduce the rent to forty thousand HK dollars per month. Also, is there any rent-free period?
我期望把每月租金减到四万港币。另外,有没免租期呢?
A: I'll have to discuss it with the landlord first.
这个问题我需要先与业主协商。


(半小时后,罗伯茨一家回到ABC物业代理公司。)

B: Any good news for me?
有没好消息呢?

A: Yes, after a long talk with the landlord, he promised to reduce the monthly4 rent to forty- three thousand HK dollars. The rent-free period is fourteen days. These are very reasonable terms. What do you think?
有些,和业主协商后,他答应每月租金减到四万三千港币。免租期为十四天。这类条件很合理,你觉得如何?

B: Well, let me see. The total for the monthly rent, management fee and government rates will be forty-five thousand dollars. I think it is still too high. What if the rent includes the government fees?
让我想一想。租金,管理费加上政府税金,每一个月总共是四万五千港币。我感觉还是高了些。 租金能否包含政府税金?
C: Also, is it possible for me to have painted walls instead of the wallpaper?
另外,墙壁能否刷漆来代替墙纸呢?

A: Let me call the landlord now. Please have a seat.
我立刻联系业主,请坐一下。


(十分钟后,双方赞同所有出租条件。)

A: The landlord will come to my office in fifteen minutes. Both parties have to sign a provisional tenancy agreement.
业主十五分钟后会到公司。然后双方签订一份临时租约。
C: Great. Thank you, Mr. Chen.
太好了,谢谢,陈先生。

A: You're welcome.
不需要客气。

改编自:英语周报